GiGi’s Signature Programs Offered Nationally
Signature programs follow the same structure and curriculum at each location, providing purposeful progressions by supporting our youngest learners through adulthood.
- Destination Discovery – Supports the development of fine motor skills, gross motor skills, social skills and language through purposeful play and peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. This program also brings families together to share experiences and build relationships. All ages welcome.
- GiGi's Amina Grace One-on-One Speech & Language Program – Provides youth, teens and adults with greatly expanded opportunities to evolve and refine their speech and language skills in a 1-on-1 setting. Effective enunciation, clarity of speech, word order and message meaning are paramount to fostering greater self-confidence, comprehension, problem-solving, school readiness, social skills, independence, and overall quality of life. Recommended for All Ages. Learn more about GiGi’s Amina Grace Speech & Language Program
- One-on-One Literacy – The One-on-One Literacy tutoring program for individuals with Down syndrome provides instruction based on the interests and inspirations of each student. The Literacy tutoring program supports the increase of sight word recognition, vocabulary, comprehension, articulation, self-esteem, speech clarity and fine motor skills. Our trained tutors provide motivating and purposeful lessons designed to keep our students engaged and learning both during sessions and when extending activities at home. Recommended for ages 3+.
Learn more about GiGi’s 1:1 Literacy
- One-on-One Math – The One-on-One Math tutoring program uses a multi-sensory, strength-based approach to build confidence and success for our students. The Math tutoring program supports the increase of the range of math skills, self-esteem, confidence, critical thinking, problem solving skills, independence and autonomy, and fine motor skills. Our research-based curriculum encompasses a variety of strategies and techniques to ensure that every student can be successful when learning math. Recommended for ages 3+. Learn more about GiGi’s 1:1 Math
Early Learners (0-4)
- LMNOP – LMNOP is an interactive and engaging program designed to guide parents and young children through learning basic sign language and other forms of communication using music and language-based activities. Recommended for ages newborn to 36 months.
- Crawlers & Walkers – Focuses on the development of gross and fine motor skills through activities that are hands-on and fun! Social skills and language development will also be addressed, with a focus on learning new words, following directions and interacting with peers. Recommended for 1-5-year-olds.
- Leaps & Bounds – This program promotes social, emotional, large and small muscle group development. Children will participate in fun and engaging activities that require movement and interaction with their environment. Recommended for children ages 3-5 years old.
- GiGiFIT You & I – During GiGiFIT You & I the #1 goal is to foster relationships and develop a positive community among caregivers. The fact that we are adding movement is a bonus with a focus on sneaky physical therapy to improve joint stability, strength, endurance, balance and coordination. We have introduced the concepts of GiGiFIT Adult and GiGiFIT Infant to caregivers of infants with Down syndrome. Recommended for Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Caregivers and their newborn. Learn more about GiGiFIT
- GiGiFIT Infant – In GiGiFIT Infant we are making movement fun! We introduce the concepts of foundational movements, mobility, visual-vestibular, and reflex integration activities. In a fun environment, we are purposefully progressing on improving areas of fitness through activities in strength, endurance, joint stability, balance, movement control and more. Recommended for infant to pre-walking. Learn more about GiGiFIT
- GiGiFIT Toddler – GiGiFIT Toddler includes foundational, vestibular and targeted mobility movements, reflex integration and control. We have taken these movements and concepts to the next level in a fast-paced, super fun and socially interactive atmosphere for young children who have recently mastered the ability to walk on their own. Recommended for walking to 4 year olds. Learn more about GiGiFIT
School Age Learners (5-12)
- Playhouse Pals – Supports the development of social skills and language through peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. This program also supports gross motor skills through active games, as well as fine motor skills & self-help skills. Recommended for 5-8-year-olds.
- Kids Club – Supports the development of social skills and language through peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. This program will also support gross motor skills through active games, fine motor and self-help skills through meal/snack preparation and activities. Recommended for 8-12-year-olds.
- GiGiFIT Kids – GiGiFIT Kids combines key movements from GiGiFIT Teen and advanced progressions of activities from GiGiFIT Toddler to help improve strength, balance, coordination, peer interaction and to build a lifelong love of physical activity. GiGiFIT Kids is not just purposeful play it is our special work out-time to make you stronger, faster, more coordinated and kids say "I love this fun, structured, purposeful movement". Recommended for 5-12-year-olds. Learn more about GiGiFIT
- Teen Tastic – Focuses on building social skills with friends without Down syndrome by participating in team-based activities in a casual and fun setting. Skill development includes understanding compromise, turn-taking and problem-solving abilities. Recommended for ages 13-17-year-olds.
- GiGiFIT Teen – Introduces the key movements of foundational , hip strengthening and vestibular/balance exercises, we focus on improving areas of fitness through activities in strength, endurance, joint stability, balance, movement control and more. GiGiFIT Teen incorporates age appropriate activities that teens can be successful with and strengthen their bodies purposefully. GiGiFIT promotes wellness through nutrition, pushing through barriers and building self-confidence. Recommended for 13-17 year olds. Learn more about GiGiFIT
- Fantastic Friends – A fun night out to facilitate social interactions between adults with Down syndrome, their peers and the community. Supports the development of social skills and language through peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. All adults welcome from ages 18 and up.
- GiGiFIT Adult – Introduces the key movements of foundational, hip strengthening, and vestibular/balance exercises, making them successful to implement and practice at any stage of life! Focuses on improving areas of fitness through activities in strength, endurance, joint stability, balance, movement control and more. GiGiFIT promotes wellness through nutrition, pushing through barriers and building self-confidence. Recommended for 18+. Learn more about GiGiFIT
GiGi’s Career Training Programs
The GiGi’s Career Training Programs are progressive learning programs designed to motivate adults with Down syndrome to achieve their highest potential in the world by integrating a Confident U. Healthy U. Whole U approach through communication, work habits, job skills, fitness and nutrition. These programs promote an environment of inclusion and acceptance for individuals with Down syndrome. Recommended for ages 18+.
- GiGi Prep – The GiGi Prep program has an emphasis on building communication skills, money management, customer service skills, team building, health and wellness over a 10-week session made up of 2-days per week instructional learning. This program is an application-based program with high expectations to motivate adults with Down syndrome. Recommended for Adults 18+.
- GiGi University – A comprehensive and progressive learning program tailored specifically for adults with Down syndrome comprised of a 15-week session made up of 3-days per week instructional program. GiGi U is designed for motivated adults with Down syndrome to achieve their highest potential in the real world while developing their abilities in the areas of wellness, communication and career skills with emphasis on job interviewing, communication skills, money management, public speaking, customer service, computer skills, team building and health. Recommended for Adults 18+.
- GiGi's Career Studio Internship – Whether it’s a retail environment, a design studio, a production space or an office, GiGi’s career internship programs build on the skills learned in GiGi U with practical applications and the achievement of certifications. During each individual with Down syndromes 13-week internship they will purposefully progress through certifications learning and demonstrating strengths and interests in transferable job skills, building their resume for placement in a job or volunteer position in the community. Pre-req: GiGi U. Recommended for Adults 18+.
- GiGi’s Hugs + Mugs
- GiGi’s Studio
- GiGi’s Genesis Health Bar
- GiGi Professional – Whether it’s an office, retail environment, a design studio or a production space, GiGi’s career internship programs build on the skills learned in GiGi U with practical applications and the achievement of certifications. During each individual with Down syndromes 13-week internship they will purposefully progress through certifications learning and demonstrating strengths and interests in transferable job skills, building their resume for placement in a job or volunteer position in the community. Pre-req: GiGi U. Recommended for Adults 18+.
GiGi’s Specialty Programs Offered Nationally
As our Playhouses grow, so do our program offerings. Each GiGi’s Playhouse is unique and offers a variety of FREE purposeful programs to meet the needs of their families and their community.
All Ages….recommended ages may vary by Playhouse
- Art Explosion
- Cooking Club
- Daddy & Me
- Drama Troupe
- GiGi’s Adventures
- Music in Motion
- New Caregivers Group
- Nuestros Angeles
- Open Play
- 1:1 Handwriting
- Family Speaker
- GiGi's Games with Friends
- 2 & Under
- Preschool Prep
- Story Telling
- Special Olympics Young Athletes™
- Little Fingers, Big Plans
- Skill Builders
- Social Skills for Young Learners
- Kindergarten Prep
School Age Learners
- Busy Hands, Bigger Plans
- Cheer Gems
- Creative Exploration
- Homework Hoopla
- Backpack Buddies
- Super Sibs
- Karate Kickers
- SciTech Kid
- Music in Motion
- Friends, Fun & Fitness
- SciTech Teen
- Social Skills for Teens/Adults
- Teen Tech
- Gratitude Committee
- E.P.I.C. (Empowerment, Participation, Independence, Community)
- TEAM (Teaching Exercise, Activity, and Movement)