GiGi's Educator Symposium
Educate. Inspire. Believe.
Teaching Strategies for Individuals with Down Syndrome
GiGi’s Playhouse is the ONLY international network of Down Syndrome Achievement Centers created to provide FREE, life-changing therapeutic and educational programs for all ages of development and for the unique needs of individuals with Down syndrome.
Join a team of experienced educators and therapists from across the GiGi’s Playhouse Network to learn how to teach individuals with Down syndrome the way they learn best. Since 2003, we have been working nonstop to empower individuals with Down syndrome to reach their full potential and move toward independence.
We encourage the families we serve to invite their teachers, paraprofessionals, and therapists.
Saturday, September 10, 2022
8-12:45PT / 9-1:45MT / 10-2:45CT / 11-3:45ET
What you can expect:
- Introduction and Welcome from our Chief Belief Officer, Nancy Gianni and “The” GiGi herself!
- Down Syndrome 101
- How I Learn
- Strategies for Teaching Math and Literacy
- Supporting Speech and Motor skills for students with Down syndrome in the Classroom
- Promoting Positive Behavior
- Nancy Gianni, Chief Belief Officer, GiGi’s Playhouse National Office
- Gigi Gianni, “THE” GiGi, GiGi’s Playhouse National Office
- Shari Andress, M. Ed., GiGi’s Playhouse National Office
- Cindy Marie Judy, MS Ed., GiGi’s Playhouse Phoenix
- Kathleen Tynes, GiGi’s Playhouse Detroit
- Olivia Draeger, M. Ed., GiGi’s Playhouse Charlotte
- Vicky McKinney, MS Ed., BCBA GiGi’s Playhouse Nashville
- Kristin Housel, M.S., CCC-SLP, CLC, GiGi’s Playhouse Rochester
- Katherine O’Neill, MS, OTD, OTR/L, GiGi’s Playhouse Hillsborough
- Denise Hubbard, PT, GiGi’s Playhouse Detroit
CPE's Offered Through: