Our GiGi’s Kitchen programs are designed to emphasize the importance of a healthy lifestyle and early exposure to practical cooking skills. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will engage in activities designed to promote healthy eating habits, kitchen safety awareness, food preparation skills, self-confidence, and social skills by applying learned skills as they prepare and enjoy a shared meal/snack!
The GiGi’s Kitchen programs are truly life changing!! Participants in the GiGi’s Kitchen programs are motivated by their peers as they strive for their personal Best of All in health and wellness!
- GiGi’s Kitchen Kids, recommended for ages 6-12 years old
- GiGi’s Kitchen Teen, recommended for ages 13-17 years old
- GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, recommended for ages 18+ years old
The Goals for GiGi’s Kitchen programs
- Increase healthy eating habits by developing a positive relationship with food, understanding the importance of a balanced diet, recognizing hunger cues and other body signals, and introduction to concepts of nutrition.
- Increase kitchen safety awareness by practicing safe food handling techniques and recognizing common kitchen dangers to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Increase food preparation skills, with a focus on the fine motor, cognitive, math, and literacy skills required to use utensils and kitchen equipment, learn cooking techniques, measure ingredients, and follow recipes.
- Increase self-confidence and social skills through activities that promote responsibility, good manners, and peer to peer interaction, including participation in clean-up and bonding over meals.
- Increase quality of life by sharing learned skills at mealtime, creating memories, establishing meaningful relationships, and applying knowledge of nutrition and wellness for a healthy lifestyle.
If your local Playhouse offers the GiGi’s Kitchen program you are interested in, please apply through them. If your local Playhouse is not offering the GiGi’s Kitchen program you are interested in, please apply through GiGi's At Home.
Questions about our GiGi’s Kitchen programs? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org