Thousands cross the finish line for global acceptance
GiGi’s Playhouse 2017 Chicagoland 5K a resounding success
Playhouse families, volunteers, sponsors and friends united this past Sunday June 11 in support of individuals with Down syndrome at the 14th Annual GiGi’s Playhouse Chicagoland 5K Fun Run, Walk and Dash for Down syndrome. For the second year in a row, MB Financial Park in Rosemont, IL graciously hosted the GiGi’s Playhouse community for a day of racing and celebrating. Over 2,000 people ran, walked, dashed and supported GiGi’s Playhouse mission, raising more than $200,000 to support FREE, purposeful programs that help kids and adults with Down syndrome improve their speech, literacy, math, fitness, career skills, and self-confidence.
• GiGi Gianni led guests in the singing of the National Anthem!
• Christine Maxwell led guests in kicking off the 5K Fun Run!
• Intern’s Chris and Tim helped supervise the Hugs & Mugs mobile store!
• Dozens of children with Down syndrome dashed to victory during the Dash for Down syndrome!
• Chief Belief Officer welcomed a 6-week old baby to their first GiGi’s Playhouse event!
THANK YOU 2017 SPONSORS
GiGi’s Playhouse thanks MB Financial Park, Mid-America Tile, G.M. Sloan Tile, Comprehensive Marketing, Industrial Source, Wickstrom Auto Group, Aspire Health Beverage, eDOC printing, Wi-Tronix, Aspire Healthy Beverage, American Eagle Packaging, GoGo Squeez, Hanger Clinic, PepsiCo, Infinity Fitness, Blistex, and the Windy City Bulls for your acceptance and generosity!
Individual and team donations along with all sponsorships will fund educational, therapeutic and career training programs at GiGi’s Playhouse. All programs are 100% free to Playhouse families.