We are living in COVID world and life has changed drastically for everyone. We want you to know that we are taking the pandemic very seriously at GiGi’s Playhouse New Orleans and doing everything in our power to keep you safe. Be sure and check out our COVID-19 guidelines below.
- An employee or volunteer checks in each person at the check-in/ sanitizing station upon entry and completes the Health Screening Questionnaire.
- Temperature is taken using a contactless thermometer. If fever over 100 degrees, individual must be sent home.
- Personal protective devices (i.e. face masks) are required for all over age 2 (must be able to remove on their own if needed).
- Sanitizing station is monitored by an employee or volunteer to ensure compliance for every person entering or exiting.
- Daily routine cleaning, including cleaning all high-touch surfaces.
- Maximum occupancy is 50% of your authorized building occupancy at any time.
- Personal protective equipment is required for all staff, volunteers, and playhouse visitors at all times.
- Required RSVP’s or appointments for all programs and visits. Drop-ins may have to be turned away if we have achieved capacity.
- Utilize special “dirty” totes for sanitizing. Place all toys and other items in the sanitizing bin for cleaning.
At GiGi’s Playhouse New Orleans, we are also doing the following:
- We are following local COVID guidelines.
- If you don’t have your own face covering, we will provide you one (we have adult and child sizes).
- We have hand-sanitizer throughout the playhouse and soap and water for handwashing in the bathrooms.
- We are setting up our program stations to be at least 6 feet apart; this is especially important for programs like LMNOP where younger children will sometimes not be wearing masks.
- We are using a natural-based sanitizer.
- For items that cannot be sprayed with sanitizer and wiped like books or cloth items, we are putting them through a 3-day quarantine rotation.
We appreciate your help in keeping everyone healthy! If you have any questions, please reach out.