GiGi Prep is an innovative and educational program for adults with Down syndrome. The program is offered free of charge and focuses on development of confidence, health and wellness, career skills and interests. GiGi Prep was designed to motivate and educate adults with Down syndrome to achieve their highest potential.
GiGi Prep was designed to guide adults with DS toward healthy lifestyle choices as they work to reach their highest potential and prepare for Program Goals:
- Increasing level of physical activity
- Increasing knowledge and practice of healthy food choices
- Advancing communication skills and independence in an educational setting.
In order for your application to be considered complete, you must submit the following items together:
- Completed GIGI U Application
- Letter of recommendation from a parent/guardian or family member
- Completed physician’s approval from physical activity indicating you are in good health and capable of exercising three days per week for a minimum of 30 minutes
For more information about an upcoming GiGi Prep session please contact Catrina Welch, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org .