Meet your Sunday Destination Discovery Team Leader
Destination Discovery is Play + Fun + Learning
Destination Discovery supports the therapeutic-based development of individuals with Down syndrome, with goals of achieving the following:
• Increase social skills, with focus on group participation and increasing leisure
• Increase language development, with focus on vocabulary development,
receptive language skills such as following directions and answering basic
questions and promoting successful interaction with peers.
• Increase gross motor skills at each individual’s level through games and
activities aimed at active play.
• Increase fine motor skills, with focus on self-help skills and independent work.
In addition, the family will receive a Best of All book to build knowledge and:
• Understand the purpose behind all of GiGi’s Playhouse programs.
• Implement activities at home to build skills and increase motor and language