Host Families: Why are they so important?
GiGi’s Playhouse Quad Cities runs programs mostly on weekends, and families here in the Quad Cities enjoy spending mornings with us. We love spending weekend mornings with all of you! We have many different types of volunteers here at the Playhouse. We have Program Leaders, Program Volunteers, Administrative Volunteers, Event Volunteers; but none more important that Host Families.
I know what you are thinking… What are Host Families? Well we are here to help answer this pressing question.
- A Host Family is a family who has a child within the age group (or an age group slightly ahead) of the program and who can commit to attending the program on a regular basis.
- I know you are thinking, “What if I can’t make to every program?”. That is no problem! We can have more than one host family per program. Sometimes having more than one is the best thing!
- The Host Family members play a role in the engagement of the program and networking with other families.
- We all love chatting about our child, this is a great way to engage and help get some of the questions you may have answered, as well as, being able to help answer other family’s questions! It’s a win, win!
- Host Families help promote the program to other parents who may be interested in coming, welcome participants and work the room during the program.
- Having a fun, welcoming environment is a key feature of GiGi’s Playhouse, the Program Leader always needs help in this area! You would be a huge asset!
- Having a Host Family ensures that any newcomer will have a peer to interact with in addition to the volunteer running the program.
- In addition, they can help make connections across participants. How awesome is that!
Every successful program includes a host family for every session!
At GiGi’s Playhouse Quad Cities we are looking for Host Families for the following programs:
2 and Under
Leaps and Bounds
I know what you are thinking… THIS SOUNDS AWESOME! SIGN ME UP NOW!
Since you are feeling this way, please do not hesitate to contact Jenn at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information or to sign up to be a Host Family! We can’t wait to hear from you!