Liza was born and raised in the Philippines. She came to the United States when she was 21 years old to join her brother and sister. Liza is one of eight children. Liza is an Occupational Therapist with EBS Healthcare and provides Early Start services in San Diego through the Regional Center. Liza admits that she has always had a special place in her heart for people with Down Syndrome. She has a cousin and brother-in-law with Down Syndrome. She has enjoyed watching children with Down Syndrome during Special Olympics and Gigi’s events and thinks they’re the most spirited people on earth. Liza enjoys playing tennis, walks on the beach, hiking and kayaking. Liza has 2 children ages 26 and 15 years old and hopes to get another welsh corgi dog in the near future.
Learn more about Liza:
– Where are you from? I was born and raised in the Philippines and came to the US when I was 21 years old
– Pick three words to describe your personality. Patient, flexible, dependable
– Do you have any pets? No but had a corgi who passed away 2 years ago and would love to get another one
– Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? tennis
– List your 2 favorite musicians/bands. None in particular. Like jazz, classical, pop music in general except hard rock music
– Hobbies? Hiking, kayaking,
– List your favorite movie. Life is Beautiful
Can you share some words about GiGi’s?
The journey of establishing the first Gigi’s Playhouse California right here in San Diego was a very exciting yet daunting task for it’s board members. It was humbling to witness the tireless efforts by the board members to secure a place and I was very excited when Karen shared the news that she found a home for Gigi’s at her church. I am amazed and overjoyed with seeing Gigi’s Playhouse grow to where it is now. Gigi’s has been instrumental in bringing families together with Down Syndrome to celebrate and empower these special kids, teens and adults.