Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals with Down syndrome. GiGi’s Playhouse is a volunteer-run organization, and thanks to the skills and dedication of volunteers like you, we are able to offer purposeful programs, FREE of charge, to our families.
Since our Madison Playhouse opened in 2016, parents, family members, clinicians, and community members who believe in the GiGi’s Playhouse mission act as volunteers in our programs, committees, events, administrative office, and on our Board of Directors.
The following list shows our current volunteer opportunities. You will see there is an assortment of time commitments and skill level. After reviewing this list please submit a volunteer application so we can start a conversation about finding the best volunteer role for you! Submitting the application does not commit to you anything .
Becoming A Volunteer
To become a volunteer, you must complete the following steps.
- Read our website in order to familiarize yourself with the Playhouse mission, vision, programs and events.
- Submit a Volunteer Application to give Playhouse staff your general information, interests, and availability
- Attend a virtual volunteer orientation
- Observe 2 programs: Check our calendar for scheduled programs and events. Schedule these observations with Playhouse staff during the Volunteer Orientation or by contacting us at email@example.com
Literacy and Math Tutors
- This is an on-going need for the 3 sessions we offer a year!
No prior experience is needed and all training and resources are provided.
- You will be paired with one student and will meet for a 10 week session on the same day and time of your choosing each week.
- Visit our ‘Programs’ tab to learn more or apply
- Serves as the lead volunteer at the assigned program. Responsible for planning purposeful, goal-oriented activities for each session and delegates responsibilities to assigned volunteers.
- This volunteer will assist the program leader, and the number of volunteers depends on the size and type of program. Program volunteers work directly with individuals with Down syndrome.
- Greet families and participants as they arrive for programming
- Ensure everyone is checking in and out of their programs using the iPad check-in system
- We have a beautiful space and need to keep it in great shape! This can be a great opportunity for larger groups but we can use individuals as well!
- Food & Beverage
- Day-of Volunteers
Board of Directors
- Works together with full board to adopt sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies. Ensures GiGi’s has adequate resources to advance its mission. Monitors the overall management of the Playhouse. Determines the Playhouse’s goals and policies. Serves on a committee: Programs, Fundraising, Outreach, Events, Marketing, or Facility/IT.