The Amina Grace Speech and Language Program
Please help us keep our amazing Amina Grace Speech and Language Program at GiGi’s Playhouse Madison. We were honored to have been one of the eight pilot locations to get funding from National through a Northwestern University Dance Marathon grant in addition to donations from several private sponsors. The pilot capacity was designated for three 10-week sessions: Fall, 2017, and Winter and Spring of 2018. The one-on-one lessons with our amazing Speech and Language Pathologist Kayla Kristensen have made a tremendous impact on our participant's lives.
In order to keep this program, we will need $20,000 a year. Please help us reach our goal and donate today to give the gift of speech!
I want to take an opportunity to share with you what a wonderful experience Alyssa and I have had with the Amina Grace Speech and Language Program at GiGi’s Playhouse. We have had three sessions to date, and the services have exceeded my expectations by far. Kayla is extremely knowledgeable, professional, effective, and highly engaged with Alyssa every minute of the hour that we meet with her. Kayla cultivates an environment that is fun, friendly, interesting and challenging for Alyssa, which has proven to be very effective in eliciting her emerging language skills. After the first session, and each subsequent session, I leave feeling full of a deep sense of hope and excitement for Alyssa and our ability to communicate with her and know her better. I am gaining skills right along with Alyssa about how to engage her more effectively and to help promote her language skills. I feel exceedingly thankful for this opportunity, and I am particularly touched that there are generous donors out there that value this vital and worthwhile program enough to fund it for people like my daughter.
~Mother of Alyssa, 3 years old
For more testimonials please follow these links:
The GiGi’s Playhouse Amina Grace speech and language program provides youth, teens and adults with greatly expanded opportunities to evolve and refine their speech and language skills. Effective enunciation, clarity of speech, word order and message meaning are paramount to fostering greater self-confidence, comprehension, problem-solving, school readiness, social skills, independence, and overall quality of life.
- Increase clarity of speech and enunciation through a hierarchal approach of repeated exposure and practice of target sounds, focusing on accurate placement of oral articulators.
- Improve word order and message meaning through focused exercises targeting various parts of speech, including: verb tense, word choice, sentence completion and more.
- Increase comprehension through the use of various visual models and tasks targeting functional level-appropriate targets.
- Increase self-confidence through positive reinforcement and various forms of appropriate supportive methods, including: verbal, visual and tactile.
- Improve school and social readiness through activities and goal geared towards preparing participants for skills required within their age-leveled school grade, thereby, increasing their chances of improving social skills of blending with classmates.
- Increase independence and overall quality of life through confidence-building activities, self-help skills and a positive-reinforcing approach to therapeutic targets.
The Amina Grace Speech and Language Program came to be by the generous donation of Munawar Ali and Maura Cullen in honor of their daughter Amina Grace.race.
Since its inception in the summer of 2015, the Amina Grace Speech and Language Program has serviced over 125 families through 1,250 lessons. The Amina Grace Speech and Language Program is open to participants of ALL AGES and runs in four 10-week sessions throughout the year in a 1-on-1 setting.
This program, like all others at GiGi’s Playhouse, is provided completely FREE OF CHARGE to all of our participants and families!