Get Ready for a Seamless School Transition
May 17, 2023
As the school year wraps up, we have a few tips to help students have a smooth and seamless transition to the next grade.
- Put together a folder with your child’s most recent IEP, progress report, report card, therapy notes, and testing reports.
- Ask your current case manager who your child’s next case manager will be and reach out to this person to schedule a conference.
- If possible, schedule a time to tour the classroom of their new case manager. This may need to be outside school hours to maintain confidentiality of their students.
- Provide your child’s school with an updated shot record and check to see if they will need an updated proof of residence
- Ask your child’s teacher for some summer work suggestions to prevent summer slipping!
- Take advantage of free 1:1 tutoring in math or literacy at the Playhouse. Enrollment is open here!
- Improve handwriting skills at our Busy Hands, Bigger Plans program once a month at the Playhouse
- Try your best to establish a summer routine, but also give yourself grace.
Have a great summer!
Embracing Inclusivity: A Heartwarming Day at GiGi’s Atlanta
In a world that often seems divided, where language barriers can create feelings of isolation, there are places that shine as beacons of unity and...
Why attend GiGi’s Educator Symposium: Teaching Strategies for Individuals with Down Syndrome?
(Reposted from GiGi's Playhouse, Inc.) The GiGi’s Educator Symposium is FREE, VIRTUAL and INFORMATIVE! Are you interested in Learning from a team of experienced educators...