Amina Grace Speech Fall 2023
The Amina Grace Speech program includes a weekly speech and language session with a Georgia State graduate student in the Communication Sciences and Disorders program.
These sessions will occur weekly on either Tuesdays or Thursdays at 9, 10, or 11 o’clock AM.
These sessions will either be one on one with a therapist or in a group setting with peers working on similar language goals.
The fall 2023 session will take place from September 5th-November 30th.
Participants must commit to attending 10 of the 12 scheduled sessions.
This program is for ALL AGES.
For more information regarding the Amina Grace Speech and Language program, please contact the playhouse at 470-359-4105 or email@example.com
This program is application-based, and acceptance is based on availability.
The GiGi’s Amina Grace Speech and Language one-on-one program provides youth, teens and adults with greatly expanded opportunities to evolve and refine their speech and language skills. Effective enunciation, clarity of speech, word order and message meaning are paramount to fostering greater self-confidence, comprehension, problem-solving, school readiness, social skills, independence, and overall quality of life.
- Increase clarity of speech and enunciation through a hierarchical approach of repeated exposure and practice of target sounds, focusing on accurate placement of oral articulators.
- Improve word order and message meaning through focused exercises targeting various parts of speech, including: verb tense, word choice, sentence completion and more.
- Increase comprehension through the use of various visual models and tasks targeting functional level-appropriate targets.
- Increase self-confidence through positive reinforcement and various forms of appropriate supportive methods, including: verbal, visual and tactile.
- Improve school and social readiness through activities and goals geared towards preparing participants for skills required within their age-leveled school grade, thereby, increasing their chances of improving social skills of blending with classmates.
- Increase independence and overall quality of life through confidence-building activities, self-help skills and a positive-reinforcing approach to therapeutic targets.
The GiGi’s Amina Grace Speech and Language program came to be by the generous donation of Munawar Ali and Maura Cullen in honor of their daughter Amina Grace.
Since the inception of the GiGi's Amina Grace Speech & Language 1:1 program we have served over 2,100 individuals with Down syndrome! We have hosted over 75,000 hours of FREE speech lessons! These numbers continue to grow each day!
The GiGi's Amina Grace Speech & Language 1:1 program is open to individuals with Down syndrome of ALL ages and runs 3 sessions throughout the year. This program, like all others at GiGi's Playhouse, is provided completely FREE OF CHARGE to all of our participants and families!