Meet Rita & Abbey

Isn’t GiGi’s Playhouse just fabulous? It does say “playhouse” after all. When we lived in Wisconsin, I had heard of GiGi’s but never took advantage of any of the programs. I didn’t think they applied to my daughter who was well past being a baby! But when we moved to NC a year ago, I…

Read More

Freely changing lives by giving their time!

The definition of a volunteer is “a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.” Yes, you read that right; FREELY offers to take part in a task. A volunteer gives up their time, energy, and so many other priceless parts of themselves to help a cause. GiGi’s is a 99% Volunteer run organization which means that there are 1,000’s…

Read More

Why Community Support Matters <3

When I was 23 years old and fresh out of college, I became a Developmental Therapist. My job entailed going to different daycares and people’s homes in the Raleigh area and helping children, ages birth-3 years old, to meet their developmental milestones. There was so much joy in getting to support parents on their journey of helping their children take first steps, speak for the…

Read More

“When I answered the phone, I will never forget what she said.”

When I left teaching special education to start Able Transition, I was excited, scared, grateful and fearful. The tension of all of these emotions were very real. I knew quality life-long transition planning needed to happen. But I was afraid of the what if’s and how I would manage to educate others on what transition…

Read More

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream!

Our community support in 2020 was incredible. Local businesses rallied together to support GiGi’s Playhouse Raleigh in creative ways, proposing different opportunities that would help us continue offering FREE therapeutic & educational programs. For a monthly fundraiser, we asked families and community members to support our playhouse with ice cream from Dairy Queen at four…

Read More

I am thoroughly impressed and left the experience with a heart full of joy!

We have wonderful partnerships with local universities for sports endeavors (practices/off site opportunities/Victory Day), Internships, 1:1 Amina Grace Speech therapy and bringing awareness to the capability of individuals with Down syndrome. We are inspired by our communities goal to help create a world of acceptance. Read a few quotes (below) from four gradudate students who…

Read More