You may have heard that we are holding our annual “i have a Voice” Gala in just a few short weeks on October 9th at the Rhythm City Casino in Davenport, IA.
This is our biggest fundraiser and celebration of the year. The funds raised from this event are crucial to keeping free educational and therapeutic programs up and running for local individuals with Down syndrome and their families. This year we are celebrating 10 years of supporting the voices of individuals with Down syndrome here in the Quad Cities because our Playhouse turns 10 years old on October 1st! We hope you’ll come out and celebrate with us as we travel down memory lane and look forward to our bright future.
We are sadly aware that COVID is still roaring it’s ugly head but we also know that many of our friends and supporters are ready to get out, socialize, and support the Playhouse and all the amazing families that we serve. COVID has not stopped us from providing programming. Over the past year, we’ve offered many programs virtually and have recently transitioned back to in-person programs. We are doing the best we can to make all programs and this event COVID friendly and have the following precautions in place to help with this event.
- in a larger room (than past years) to allow for social distancing
- spacing out tables and seating
- seating unassociated guests/families at separate tables or with space between
- placing hand sanitizer stations throughout the location
- UPDATED Masks required (while not eating or sitting at your table) for all regardless of vaccination status
- offering masks to those that do not bring one with them
- having attendees complete a COVID questionnaire upon arrival
- in constant communication with the location regarding their precautions and procedures
- monitoring auction tables/crowd to prevent crowding
- color-coded wrist bands available to provide social cues regarding your comfort level with social distancing