From a Playhouse Mama ~
1. My child is an individual with Down syndrome, not a Down’s kid.
2. It’s Down syndrome, not Downs. He doesn’t suffer from it, it’s a part of his genetic code.
3. Never underestimate my kid, but please feel free to celebrate his wins!
4. My child is precious and special. So is yours 🙂
5. I don’t want him to get special attention or privileges. I just want him to be accepted for who he is… by your kids.
6. Please don’t feel sorry for him or our family. He’s a gift, not a burden.