Join us at the 2023 GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge!
Run, Walk or Dash with us!
The GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge is a series of 50+ in-person events taking place across the country! All GiGi’s Playhouse locations host their very own Acceptance Challenge, consisting of a fitness-based challenge and fun-filled activities for the whole family.
Our local event consists of a Dash for Down Syndrome where participants kick off our event, inspiring our 5K runners and 1-mile walkers to MOVE for acceptance!
May 7, 2023
8 A.M. – 11 A.M. Lake Park 2975 N Lake Park Rd Milwaukee, WI 53211
Between March 21st – June 24th, GiGi’s Playhouse locations across the country will be hosting GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge events!
The best way to grow acceptance comes through exposure and interaction. Often, people with disabilities are segregated from their peers, and as life goes on, it can form a disconnect between those with disabilities and those without.
The GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge acts as a bridge to provide exposure, interaction, and leads to an understanding of acceptance and inclusion!
Join the Milwaukee May 7th event to show your commitment to including people with Down syndrome and all unique abilities! Join a team, attend the event, donate, or volunteer.
Raise awareness and funds by creating a team and inviting friends and family to sign up and join us! The funds and awareness you raise will help provide life-changing programs and acceptance initiatives here, at GiGi’s Playhouse Milwaukee.
Day of Event
- 7:00-8:45 A.M. Packet and shirt pick-up
- 9:00 A.M. Participants kick off the Dash for Down Syndrome!
- 9:15 A.M. Chipped 5K begins, followed by the 1-mile walk
- 9:30 A.M.-12 P.M. Family Friendly Fun activities
Click HERE to view the race route map
T-SHIRT REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Sunday, April 16 at 11:59 P.M. (midnight)
closes Sunday, April 23 at 11:59 P.M. (midnight)
Reopens onsite at the event, however, t-shirts are not guaranteed
- $30 per person 5K Run ($40 at event)
- $21 per person 1-Mile Walk
- FREE Dash for Acceptance
- Raffle Tickets $5 each or $20 for 5 (at event)
- Raffles will include an opportunity to win a picture placement on our NEW 2023 Welcome Windows at the Playhouse (photo shoot TBD)
- Parking is available near Lake Park Bistro, then walk over to the event grounds, near picnic area 5 at 2975 N Lake Park Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Teams created by 3/21/2023 that have raised $321, or more, earn 2 customized team-specific yard signs delivered to their home!
- The top 3 fundraising Teams receive capes and awards at the event on 5/7/2023
- The top 5 fundraising Teams will have a picture on our NEW Welcome Windows at the Playhouse (photo shoot coming in summer)
- The top 3 5K runners in each age group for men and women – receive medals
- Pie in the face opportunities when Milwaukee Playhouse donations reach the following levels: $10,000; $20,000; $30,000; $40,000; and $50,000!
WE, the people of the Down syndrome community, are challenging YOU to MOVE FOR ACCEPTANCE – to prove that every person should be accepted for who they are!
We live in a world that is often separated based on differences. It is time for people to come together regardless of race, gender, diagnosis, sexual orientation, or religion. We need universal ACCEPTANCE for all people.
This peer-to-peer fundraising event directly funds our 4,000+ hours a year of FREE educational, therapeutic, and career-building programs for our GiGi’s Playhouse Detroit Participants.
Thank you to our Sponsors. Without your support we couldn’t provide FREE programming to support over 300 individuals with Down syndrome and other disabilities in metro-Detroit!