Programs: As GiGi's Playhouse Buffalo prepares to offer purposeful, progressive, therapeutic, educational, social and career training and continuing education programs throughout the month and on the weekends at designated times we are on the lookout for volunteers. We provide all your training, all the materials and support our volunteers 100%. If interested please complete our
Program Leaders and Assistants are needed for each of the following programs.
GiGiFIT Adult designed for ages 18+
GiGiFIT Adult combines physical therapy with a strong fitness focus and an ultimate goal of success and improved movement. GiGiFIT was created in collaboration with and by skilled Physical Therapists who work specifically with individuals with Down syndrome. The GiGiFIT Adult program is designed to address common issues for individuals with Down syndrome including hypotonia, excessive joint laxity, and decreased balance. Every GiGiFIT program is safe, effective, and progressive. GiGiFIT Adult helps participants build strength, endurance, power, joint stability, balance, and movement control. GiGiFIT Adult empowers participants to be more independent and confident in their abilities while improving their overall health and wellness.
LMNOP designed for pre-natal diagnosis to 36 months
LMNOP is an interactive and engaging program for children age newborn to 36 months old. It guides parents and young children through learning basic sign language and other forms of communication using music and language-based activities. LMNOP supports the therapeutic based development of young children with Down syndrome with goals of achieving the following:
• Introduce and practice the use of basic signs/gestures/pictures to support language development.
• Increase language development, with focus on vocabulary development, following basic directions and social interaction with peers using music, stories and play.
Destination Discovery designed for all ages
Destination Discovery is an interactive and engaging program for participants of all ages and their families. We support the development of motor skills, social skills and language through purposeful play and peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. This program also brings families together to share experiences and build relationships. Destination Discovery supports the therapeutic-based development of individuals with Down syndrome, with goals of achieving the following:
- Increase social skills, with focus on group participation and increasing leisure activity options.
- Increase language development, with focus on vocabulary development, receptive language skills such as following directions and answering basic questions and promoting successful interaction with peers.
- Increase gross motor skills at each individual’s level through games and activities aimed at active play.
- Increase fine motor skills, with focus on self-help skills and independent work.