ABOUT GIGI’S BUFFALO
We began as a startup location in 2018 with a team comprised of sitting board officers from area not-for-profits, successful business leaders and entrepreneurs, educators, therapists, religious leaders, and parent advocates and activists. Over a two-year span the team raised the capital to renovate a well-known Buffalo location into a gem of a facility for the community.
Our 8000 square foot space includes a great room large enough to host group-based programs, conferences, meetings, and - with our built-in stage
- performances of all types. A teaching kitchen facilitates learning about nutrition, food preparation, and life-skills. Teenagers and adults with Down syndrome form friendship circles and participate in social events including movie night, karaoke singing, and more in our Club GiGi lounge. Our adult population continues their education in the GiGi University classroom.
The Get Fit Gym is a place where individuals of all ages can participate in gross motor activities, physical therapy, fitness programs and therapeutic play while building self-confidence and knowledge of fun ways to keep their bodies active.
Our three 1-on-1 tutoring labs are practical, intimate, organized and engaging. They contain all the core materials and the latest technology necessary for literacy and math tutoring sessions.
GiGi's Buffalo Programs
- 1-on-1 Literacy Tutoring LMNOP
- Music & Sign Language
- Destination Discovery Arts & Science
- GiGi’s Friends & Games Social Club
- Feelings Rock Music & Movement
- Karaoke Night @ the Playhouse
- Being Me Yoga (New in November)
- GiGi FIT (Expanding age groups in 2021)
- GiGi Kitchen (New in 2021)
- Group Music Therapy (New in 2021)
- Internships & Assistantships
- Volunteer Opportunities
New Playhouse Inquiries
Program Participation Hours
Our Mission and Purpose:
To change the way the world views Down syndrome and to send a global message of acceptance for all.
To see a world where individuals with Down syndrome are accepted and embraced in their families, schools and communities.
We change lives through consistent delivery of free educational, therapeutic-based and career development programs for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community, through a replicable playhouse model.
A lifetime commitment to families.
With over 50+ brick and mortar locations across the United States and Mexico and 200 inquiries to start new locations all over the world, GiGi’s Playhouse is the ONLY network of Down Syndrome Achievement Centers. Every day, we provide FREE, life-changing therapeutic, educational and career training programs for 30,000+ individuals of all ages.
Down syndrome is the largest chromosomal disability in our country and yet, it is the least funded. From a prenatal diagnosis to career skills, we make a lifetime commitment to remain by their side. Families are empowered with all the tools their child needs to succeed!
Through free programs and through our Generation G Campaign for global acceptance, we EMPOWER families by maximizing opportunities for daily achievement and lasting acceptance. To ensure lasting acceptance, we must show the world what individuals with Down syndrome are truly capable of achieving as students, co-workers, volunteers, friends, and valued members of their communities. Our program outcomes help advance this vital social impact goal.