How are you doing? We miss you all and hope you are all staying safe and healthy!
Until we are able to meet again, we are here for you and we will publish blogs daily to provide you with resources/ideas and updates. Please let us know if you would like us to include anything – together we can get through this!
As a result of the current situation, many companies are offering their services for free. Today’s Blog is all about websites that are offering subscriptions or trials FREE to keep your loved ones occupied during this surreal and strange time!
Websites and virtual resources:
- ABC Mouse are offering free subscriptions for a limited time with code AOFLUNICEF
- Good for ages 2-8
- They have other sites for older children, and I believe the above code will work for them too.
- This site lists all resources that are currently free
- Backyard science experiments
- Get your loved ones to help with those essential chores – a site that lists chores by age range:
- Scholastic – daily activities for all grade levels, registration is required
- Lakeshore Learning has over 1000 free resources on their site.
- Travel the world while stuck at home
- Mathseeds are offering a 30-day free trial
- General Manager Peter Gelb announced that in response to the coronavirus pandemic and the cancellation of performances, the Met will offer a nightly series of free encore-presentation web streams that will bring opera to audiences while the house is dark—beginning Monday, March 16 at 7:30 PM ET and available to view anytime for the next 20 hours.
- Fluency and Fitness is a website that helps students exercise their brain and body.
- 12 Booster activities for kids with Down syndrome
- Twenty 5 minute speech activities that you can do at home
- Special iApps – we have been trialling this at the playhouse during our 1-1 Literacy program. Due to most of us homeschooling, they are currently offering a 28-day free trial.
Tomorrow, we will share our plans to bring you some GiGi’s programming virtually.
Stay safe and healthy!