Special Events Internship – 2019/2020 Academic Year
Special Events Internship Opportunities: Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position supports development functions with preparation of donor materials, requests, stewardship, special event coordination and administrative support. Assists with soliciting, tracking and acknowledging individual & corporate sponsors for the GiGi’s Playhouse Gala (February 8th, 2020).
Internship will focus on every aspect of event management strategic planning, program creation and execution. Key to this internship will be support and even managing donor and sponsorship marketing materials as well as tracking and acknowledging individual corporate sponsors.
Initial focus will be to become an integrated member of the 9th annual “i have a voice” gala. This year’s event will be held at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot on February 8th. This event will be multi-dimensional attracting between 700-800 attendees. The event will include silent auction, live auction, fund a need paddle raise, inspiring speakers and powerful stories told through video.
- Event Planning
- Auction administration:
- Prepare solicitation letters, track incoming donated items/donors/values, brainstorm and research new auction donors, assist with donor follow-up, preparing weekly donated items report
- Assist in auction package promotion, write package descriptions, photography and uploading them to our event planning software, OneCause
- Take photos of auction items; coordinate photography schedule for items
- Corporate Sponsorship:
- Assist staff in researching and identify new sponsorship opportunities, track and maintain corporate table lists in event management software
- Make updates in databases for corporate and individual contact information, table lists, relationship linking (company and guests)
- Event follow up:
- Send acknowledgments to attendees; write/collaborate on thank-yous, capture contact information from guests; maintain this information in our database
- Day of the event:
- Leading volunteers during the set up and break down of the silent auction
- Assist GiGi’s staff and Gala committee with set up of registration, including bidder name and nametag preparation
- Aid with any other aspect of the event: table and centerpiece set-up and clean up; Wine Pull setup; silent auction setup and break down
- Good written, oral communications and interpersonal skills needed; attention to detail/accuracy
- Can do spirit, collaborative problem solver
- Works well with others and autonomously. Respects all cultures, people and work styles
- Outstanding organizational, time management, problem solving skills; along with proficient computer skills
- Sales, marketing, customer service, database or event experience helpful
Time Commitment: September 2019– early March 2020; September - December 15 at 10-12 hours per week and January 13th to March at 12-15 hours per week. Schedule can be flexible based on intern availability. Must be available all day and night Saturday, February 8th, 2020 for The GiGi’s Playhouse, “i have a voice” Gala. Playhouse hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends as needed. An exit interview will also be conducted. GiGi’s Playhouse will also provide a recommendation letter based on performance and spirit.