GiGi’s NYC Quarterly Highlights: July – September 2023
GiGi’s NYC recently closed out our summer semester, and it was nothing short of amazing! Check out the recap below to read about our remarkable third quarter:
- We hosted our extremely popular summer programs over the course of six weeks. Participants engaged in an array of purposeful programs at the playhouse, and within the community, including but not limited to the Museum of Illusions, Sloomoo Institute, Harlem Painting Lounge, New York Hall of Science, the Intrepid, Central Park, and so much more!
- We presented a two-part virtual workshop on Money Management with guest speaker Wallace Jabbaar, Independent Representative. Wallace has been educating individuals and families since 1998 on how to become debt free, financially independent and properly protected.
- Alivia, a radiant womenswear brand, launched their fall collection with designs inspired by the artwork of GiGi’s NYC participants, Denise and Adam.
- Long-time participant, Troy, independently recorded and edited a video about GiGi Prep, the first of three programs in our Career Development Program series. He also created the music and wrote the lyrics. Click here to watch the video!
- The team from Hubble volunteered with us for a day of service. They helped us assemble our bid paddles for our Annual Gala, which was a huge help. Volunteers rock!
- We launched our fall semester including new program ‘Kids Club,’ a revamped version of Family Speaker: TableTalk, and a 12-week semester of GiGi Prep.
- Self-Advocate and GiGi’s NYC participant, Malik, served as the Grand Marshal of the National Down Syndrome Society NYC Buddy Walk!
We are extremely thankful for all our amazing participants, families, volunteers, donors and community partners. We can do what we do because of YOU!