On behalf of GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo we want to thank the community for your support as we Rise Together to Rebuild the Playhouse. Over the last 60 days we have learned how important GiGi’s programs are to our participants and families. Individuals with Down syndrome are having a hard time understanding “why” GiGi’s looks different, more than we initially realized. GiGi’s has been a “place” to play, socialize, learn, and develop life-long skills to help achieve success. Our “place” and “programs” look different now, but our mission continues to grow deep as we educate, inspire, and believe in rebuilding the playhouse. Our “why” is the driving force for the Board of Directors, team, and volunteers as we focus on our goals of reopening our doors to continue to serve our community!
Highlights over the last 60 days:
- Resumed limited in person program schedule with over 100 hours of participation in June.
- Launched additional in person programs in July: Language Music N’ Our Peeps and GiGiFIT Teen & Adult. Check our online calendar for updates: gigisplayhouse.org/fargo/calendar
- Determined our temporary space was not meeting our needs due to growing program demands, so NEW temporary space has been obtained. Thank you, Five Star Storage and Focus Property Management for helping GiGi’s meet our growing needs while we rebuild. New business hours coming soon.
- Launched 21-day social media campaign to jump start fundraising to rebuild! Thank you to the team at the Dakota Medical Foundation for your leadership with this campaign and matching funds to support this campaign from the Dakota Medical Foundation, Alex Stern Foundation and FM Raise Your Spirits.
- The Engelstad Foundation has again stepped forward to match ALL cash donations to GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo! Donate TODAY to double your impact!
Let’s RISE TOGETHER to rebuild the playhouse. Exciting updates are coming soon!
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Kellie Hamre, Board President and Heather Lorenzen, Executive Director
GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo