The Amina Grace Speech and Language Program
We offer the Amina Grace Speech & Language program three times per year:
- Spring session: January 24 - May 15
- Summer session: June 6 - August 21
- Fall session: September 5 - December 19
If your local Playhouse offers the GiGi's Amina Grace Speech & Language program, please apply through them.
- Increase clarity of speech and enunciation through a hierarchal approach of repeated exposure and practice of target sounds, focusing on accurate placement of oral articulators.
- Improve word order and message meaning through focused exercises targeting various parts of speech, including: verb tense, word choice, sentence completion and more.
- Increase comprehension through the use of various visual models and tasks targeting functional level-appropriate targets.
- Increase self-confidence through positive reinforcement and various forms of appropriate supportive methods, including: verbal, visual and tactile.
- Improve school and social readiness through activities and goals geared towards preparing participants for skills required within their age-leveled school grade, thereby, increasing their chances of improving social skills of blending with classmates.
- Increase independence and overall quality of life through confidence-building activities, self-help skills and a positive-reinforcing approach to therapeutic targets.
The Amina Grace Speech and Language Program came to be by the generous donation of Munawar Ali and Maura Cullen in honor of their daughter Amina Grace.
Since its inception in the summer of 2015, the Amina Grace Speech and Language Program has serviced over 125 families through 1,250 lessons. The Amina Grace Speech and Language Program is open to participants of ALL AGES and runs in four 10-week sessions throughout the year in a 1-on-1 setting.
This program, like all others at GiGi’s Playhouse, is provided completely FREE OF CHARGE to all of our participants and families!