Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5 pm ET/ 4 pm CT/ 2 pm PT
September 29 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing German Potato Pancakes, Red Cabbage and Bratwurst. YUM!
German Potato Pancakes (Kartoffelpuffer)
Makes 8 Pancakes
- 2 1/2 pounds starchy Russet potatoes, (about three to four potatoes) peeled and very finely grated (RAW, not cooked)
- 1 small yellow onion, very finely grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper
- ¼cup canola oil
- 1 package of your favorite bratwurst
German Red Cabbage
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 medium head red cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 Tablespoon blackberry or raspberry jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.