Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5 pm ET/ 4 pm CT/ 2 pm PT
August 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Southwest Cowboy Rice Salad. YUM!
- 4 ½ cups cooked brown rice-chilled (cooked prior to class takes about 45 to 55 minutes) you can use white rice as well (long grain)
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (sub with smoked paprika + cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper, diced
- 1 green capsicum/bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup scallions (green parts), chopped
- 1-(15oz) corn kernels, drained
- 1-(15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup coriander/cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (optional)
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
Link to the recipe here: *insert link to recipe here*
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.