Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 5 pm ET/ 4 pm CT/ 2 pm PT
August 11 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing Shrimp Cobb Salad. YUM!
Shrimp Cobb Salad
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 24), peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional, to taste)
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional, to taste)
- 2½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice(about ½ lemon)
- 1½ Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 (10-ounce) package romaine salad greens
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into 8 wedges
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
Link to the recipe here: *insert link to recipe here*
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.