Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
GiGi’s Kitchen Adult @ 4 pm CST
February 3 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
This program serves adults 18+
The GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis cooking team are excited to see you all! Today we will be working on our food prep skills while preparing a Simple Lasagna. YUM!
Simple Spinach Lasagna
• (optional) 1-pound ground beef or turkey, browned before class
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• 2 cloves garlic, grated or 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
• 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
• 1 ½ cups water
• 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, juice reserved
• 16 oz container Ricotta cheese
• 1 (8 ounce) package part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (plus extra to
sprinkle on top, if desired)
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
• ⅛ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
• 1 egg
• 8 ounces lasagna noodles (9-12 noodles depending on size)
• Cooking Spray
GiGi’s Kitchen is designed to emphasize the importance of health and wellness through nutrition education, kitchen safety, food preparation, social activities and a shared meal/snack. Under the guidance of program leaders, participants will learn about and progress through skills including measurements, food handling, knife skills, ingredient identification, palette expansion, and nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various cooking techniques. The GiGi’s Kitchen program will build participants self-esteem and self-confidence through nutrition and wellness!
Link to the recipe here
RSVP below to let us know you will be joining us for GiGi’s Kitchen Adult, check your inbox for more details.
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting click Here.