Please note all times are listed in the Central Daylight Time Zone
For more instructions on how to log into the live classes click here
GiGi's Playhouse Hoffman Estates • 2350 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Fantastic Friends: Heathy Living @ 6:30 pm ET/5:30 pm ET/3:30 pm PT
September 28 @ 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
This program is for adults 18+
GiGi’s Playhouse Madison and volunteers from Edgewood College are bringing us 12 weeks of Fantastic Friends centered around real-world skills and Healthy Living!
Today we are making a Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
- 1 to 2 cups of milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 bananas, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups of strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Begin by washing your hands for 20 seconds with warm water
- IF you are using fresh fruit, rinse it under cold water for a few seconds
- With a cutting board and knife, slice the strawberries in half and remove the green leaves
- Also, cut the banana into slices
- Make sure that your blender is not turned on quite yet
- Add 1 cup of milk to the blender
- Add the bananas
- Add the strawberries
- Add the blueberries
- Add honey
- Place the lid on the blender and press start to create the smoothie!
- Blend for 20 seconds and then turn off the blender to add the other cup of milk if you would like your smoothie less thick
- Place the lid on the blender and press start to blend for 10 more seconds.
- Optional: add chia seeds
- Turn off the blender and use a rubber spatula to help pour the mixture in a glass.
We will socialize in the first 15 minutes with friends and then jump into some discussions around world skills needed to navigate as an adult in 2021. We will talk about money and shopping, being with friends in the age of a pandemic and more. Or, we will prepare a healthy recipe and talk about ways to improve our health and wellbeing.
RSVP to let us know you’re coming!
Directions for Participants to join GoToMeeting Click Here.