Get involved! Volunteers are the heartbeat of our Playhouse! There are so many ways you can volunteer to support GiGi’s Playhouse! In addition to our programs, we are always looking for support for events, community engagement, outings and parties. To get started, fill out our online form and follow the steps below!
Here are our top immediate volunteer needs, please see the complete list of volunteer positions below:
- Math Coordinator - The Math Coordinator is the key volunteer supporting and overseeing the GiGi’s Playhouse Math Tutoring Program. The Math Coordinator works collaboratively with the Site Coordinator, Program Coordinator, and team of Math Volunteers to provide a high quality, outcome-driven Math Tutoring Program according to the math tutoring program developed by GiGi’s Playhouse, Inc. This volunteer position requires a commitment of 5-12 hours per week.
- Friends, Fun & Fitness Program Lead – Ages 6+ (approx. 3 hours per week for 6 weeks)
- Literacy Tutors (approx. 1-2 hours per week for 10 weeks)
- Math Tutors (approx. 1-2 hours per week for 10 weeks)
- Program Greeters – all programs (approx. 1-5 hours per month)
- Program Helpers – all programs (approx. 1-2 hours per month)
- Yoga Program helpers (approx. 1-3 hours per week for 6 weeks)
- Weekly Playhouse Helpers (approx. 1 hour per week) We are looking for volunteer to help in the Playhouse during the week while there are no programs going on. These volunteers will assist with duties such as cleaning, taking out the trash, organizing supplies, pulling and re-stocking supplies for weekly programs, writing and mailing thank you cards, etc.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities (can you make this a heading?)
Events & Fundraising Committee
Special Events Volunteers
Board of Directors
Becoming A Volunteer
To become a volunteer you must complete the following four training steps.
- Read our website in order to familiarize yourself with the Playhouse mission, vision, programs and events.
- Attend a volunteer orientation
- Observe 2 programs: Check our calendar for scheduled programs and events. You will work with our Volunteer Coordinator to schedule these observations.
- Assist at a Playhouse event, you will work with our Volunteer Coordinator to schedule these observations.
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
Programs: GiGi's Playhouse offers purposeful, progressive, therapeutic, educational and social programs throughout the month and on the weekends at designated times. Volunteers are used to support the program host, interact with the kids and set up and take down materials used for the programs.
*If you are a therapist or educator and are interested in starting or running a program, let us know!
Tutors: Interested in helping a child learn to read or learn number concepts? Then our literacy and/or math program is perfect for you! We have specific training for tutors which include observation hours and continued support. Help make a difference! Being a Literacy and/or Math Tutors offers an exciting opportunity to help those with Down syndrome learn to read or do math skills!
Administrative/General: Like to be on the computer? Like to work on projects? Every Playhouse is always looking for administrative volunteers to help with thank you letters, creating books for our literacy program, and more!
Events: GiGi's Playhouse has exciting events that are run by volunteers!! 5K Walk/Run, Gala, World Down Syndrome Celebration…you name it! We are always in need of volunteers for these events – from being a committee member to helping the day of the event, we need your assistance!
Committees: Committee positions are open in IT, Board Development, Programs, Finance, Fundraising, and Strategic Planning.
Group Volunteering: Have a group interested in volunteering together? The more the better! Contact your local Playhouse and together we will set up your volunteer opportunities!