Jeans for Genes
What is Jeans for Genes?
A third copy of the 21st chromosome results in Down syndrome. We will honor these genes by paying to wear jeans at work!
How does it work?
Any company can participate! Just notify employees that a $10 minimum donation will allow him/her to wear jeans to work for one special day. Those funds go directly to help to provide purposeful programs at GiGi’s Playhouse Fort Myers.
What if you already wear jeans to work?
- You can still participate in raising awareness and acceptance. If co-workers wish to support us by donating $10 to GiGi’s Playhouse Fort Myers, we would be honored.
How do I get this started at my company?
- If your company has a community outreach team or local leadership team, approach them with the idea. If not, pass out this flyer below, send an email, and start spreading the word!
How is the money collected?
- Supporters can go to https://gigisplayhouse.org/fortmyers/support-us/ to donate their $10.
My company matches charitable donations – can they match this?
- Well, your company is one of our favorites! YES! The Fort Myers Playhouse EIN is 82-1124956 and our address for tax purposes is 1901 Brantley Rd. Unit 11, Fort Myers, FL 33907. Contact us at Fortmyers@gigisplayhouse.org if you have any questions.
Can we be acknowledged for participating?
- YES! Please send us photos of everyone who is rocking their Jeans for Down syndrome and we will post it to our Facebook page recognizing you and your company.