In reflecting the last year, the team at GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo is filled with Gratitude! On behalf of the Board of Managers, team, volunteers, and families we want to say thank you! Thank you for supporting our mission to resume programs back to in person in early 2021 and rising together to rebuild the playhouse after the devastating loss of our playhouse due to an arson fire on May 11, 2021.
This last year has taught our team and families so many valuable lessons: one staying mission driven and focusing on the needs of our families, and two the amazing community we live in to step up and help us rebuild what was lost.
At GiGi’s Playhouse we celebrate the “Best of All” in our program participants. “Best of All” is continual, measurable, celebrated, and it never ends. It is a daily challenge to do a little better than you did the day before and it is always celebrated. So, let’s celebrate not only the “Best of All” of our program participants but accomplishments over the last year and some dreams moving into 2022.
- 6 years impacting families the Fargo/Moorhead and surrounding communities
- 2,000 program participation hours
- 4,000 volunteer hours
- 122 dedicated volunteers
- Launched Rise Together Capital Campaign to Rebuild the Playhouse in July 2021 and moving into 2022
- Secured temporary location to host in person programs for all ages; resumed 8 programs post fire of traditional 22 offered
- Recognized as a Center of Excellence in Programs by GiGi’s Playhouse National Office in 2021
- Recognized as a Strong Playhouse in the following areas by GiGi’s Playhouse National Office in 2021: Board Health & Strategy, Donation Processing & Management, Finance, and Marketing
Thank you, GiGi’s Playhouse families, friends, volunteers, supporters, and donors for believing and investing in individuals with Down syndrome and their families. Your support has allowed us to continue to offer educational enrichment opportunities virtual and in-person at NO COST to our families!
Your continued support will help us RISE TOGETHER to Rebuild the Playhouse and flourish through the flames into 2022 as we plan to bring more life-changing programs to individuals with Down syndrome for all ages and their families!
Your cash donation is MATCHED by the Engelstad Foundation – Donate TODAY to make an IMPACT!
Stay informed on Rebuild progress by following GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo on social media (Instagram and Facebook) or visit https://gigisplayhouse.org/fargo/rebuild-the-playhouse/