What is Jeans for Genes?
Down syndrome occurs when there is a third copy of the 21st chromosome. To honor these unique genetics, we invite you to host a Jeans for Genes Day.
Jeans for Genes Days are the perfect way for schools, businesses, and organizations to make a difference at a local level by promoting acceptance and inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome while raising money to keep educational, therapeutic-based, and career development programming FREE to our families at GiGi’s Playhouse Des Moines!
Hosting a Jeans for Genes Day is Easy:
- You choose the date
- You set the donation level ($21, $9, $5, $3)
- Students/employees are asked to make a charitable contribution and are invited to wear jeans on a day of your choosing in return for their support
- We will provide you with stickers, so you can show your support with pride
- We will also provide you with an info packet including donation forms, posters, and brochures
Does your school or business already dress casually? No problem-try a dress-up or themed day and increase your impact!
You can make a meaningful impact by hosting a
Jeans for Genes Day in support of Down Syndrome
and GiGi’s Playhouse Des Moines!
ORDER YOUR KIT TODAY!
- Email us at DesMoines@GiGisPlayhouse.org
- Or call us at (515) 252-7529.