GiGi’s Step To Accept Virtual Run, Walk and Ride for Global Acceptance made history on Saturday, June 6, 2020 by logging over ONE BILLION steps for Global Acceptance!
Thank you to everyone for your overwhelming support of GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis in the first-ever Step to Accept Challenge!
Here are some highlights and photos from the event. Your amazing support helped us raise $24,007, surpassing our goal of $20,000! We shared the Step to Accept virtual run/walk/ride with over 60 Playhouse locations across the US and Mexico. Together, we reached a total of ONE BILLION STEPS! We would not have been able to do this without the hard work of the awesome GiGi’s Teams! Thank you everyone for participating and donating!
Top 10 Teams
- Miles for Maddie – “My “niece” Maddie loves the programs provided by GiGi’s Playhouse, and I love the mission for global acceptance for all.” – Team Captain Melissa
- Izzy and Jake’s Mitzvah Movement – “Congratulations Izzy and Jake!!! GiGi’s Playhouse is such a wonderful Mitzvah project!!”
- Mary Mark and The Walking Bunch – “Our son Mark has been blessed with the activities and friends found at GiGi’s Playhouse and it is with great pleasure we support their wonderful work for the Down Syndrome community in our area. We can’t thank the workers and volunteers enough!!!!” – Ken
- Jeremiah Oh Yeah – JOY – “Supporting Jeremiah and all his friends at GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis!” – Steve
- Emma’s Pirates – “GiGi’s has been so important to Emma! It provides social connections, and meaningful programs like cooking and exercise!” -Lynne
- Hapa Homecooking for GiGi’s – “I love volunteering at GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis! I miss the participants dearly and want to support the continued programming!” – Kristin
- Team Ethan- “Ethan loves his class with a speech therapist each Wednesday! The fact that GiGi’s Playhouse is completely volunteer and free for all participants is an amazing opportunity for Ethan to have throughout his whole life.” – Shannon
- Team Rosie! – “For my sweet granddaughter, Rosie, who has given me so many reasons to smile!” Dee
- The Dee Tees (David’s Team) – “I have watched David’s recent transformation and I’m so proud of him. So grateful for the opportunities GiGi’s Playhouse provides for him!” Phaedra
- Ainsley’s Awesome Athletes – “We love all that GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis does to enrich Ainsley’s life.” Sven
Top Individuals (not on a Team)
- Ellen Zielinski – “As a special education teacher for 36 years I have seen the importance of programs like GiGi for people with disabilities.”
- Olivia August – “I want to help everyone who has to stay home to stay active and connected with each other with GiGi’s programs. Thank you!”
- Jessica Snowden – “For me moving my body contributes to a positive thought and If I can have a positive thought the world around me becomes better.”
- Emily Tuttle –“We love what GiGi’s offers!
Thanks again to everyone for joining Step To Accept 2020 and making a difference!