Board of Managers
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Managers for GiGi's Playhouse Fox Valley! GiGi's has a mission to change the way the world views Down syndrome and to send a global message of acceptance for all! We provide resources, specialized teaching, and support to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community. There are many areas in which you can help support the Playhouse – from becoming a board member, donating funds or services, or volunteering.
Board of Managers General Responsibilities
- Acquire sufficient knowledge of Down syndrome and the organization to promote its mission and programs and to serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization
- Prepare for and participate in the board meetings in order to participate in the major work of the local board
- Review local financial statements monthly
- Make a $2,000 annual contribution or directly raise that amount
- Provide a list of donor prospect names to be added to your location’s database for cultivation and solicitation
- Participate in at least one fundraising activity (help solicit by signing letters, or making phone calls, or personally asking, securing event sponsors, selling tickets to events, making follow-up thank you calls to donors, etc)
- Participate in the process of identifying, cultivating, and recruiting new local board members
- Consider all board meetings and board information as confidential. Support publicly all decisions of the board. Participate in at least 2/3 of the meetings
- Abide by and sign annually the Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Serve on an executive-level committee: program, fundraising, publicity and marketing, board development, strategic growth, and finance.
Qualifications for the Board of Managers:
- Possess a high level of motivation and personal interest in the mission
- Are leaders in their businesses and communities
- Possess a strong knowledge of Down syndrome-related issues
- Possess a strong knowledge of the nonprofit community
- Are willing (and able) to pro-actively lead a committee
- Are successful professionally and bring contacts to a new sector
- Bring diversity in terms of age, race, ethnicity, residence, professional experience, etc.
Please submit your Board of Managers Application to firstname.lastname@example.org