Step Up, Stand Out: Volunteer Opportunities at GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo
We Need You!
As a volunteer run organization, we rely on the skills and dedication of our volunteers of various levels of expertise to keep our programs vibrant, educational, fun, and FREE for all.
We NEED YOU this spring session to help us run our programs.
As a program volunteer you will work directly with Courtney Savageau, our Program Coordinator. You do not need any previous experience planning a lesson as GiGi’s provides all the training and materials to make your volunteer experience one to remember.
Open Volunteer Roles
As a program leader, you’re in charge of guiding and shaping your program. You’ll create engaging programs by working closely with the Program Coordinator. Building friendly connections with our families is important—a mix of leadership and closeness in nurturing these relationships.
- Planning purposeful, goal-oriented activities for each session.
- Prepares the program space for each session.
- Leads the program activities.
- Engages program participants and the family.
- Completes Program Leader Checklist and report at the end of each program.
- Responds timely to all communication.
- Communicates with Program Coordinator to ensure successful program delivery.
- Commit to 2-5 hours per month depending on the program.
Training, resources, support, and materials are provided for all Program Leaders to ensure success.
Currently we are looking for individuals to lead the following programs.
- LMNOP- Language Music N’ Our Peeps (LMNOP) is an interactive and engaging program designed to guide parents and young children through learning basic sign language and other forms of communication while using music and language-based activities. Recommended for ages pre-natal to 36 months.
- GiGiFIT Kids- GiGiFIT Kids combines key movements from GiGiFIT Teen and advanced progressions of activities from GiGiFIT Toddler to help improve strength, balance, coordination, peer interaction and to build a lifelong love of physical activity. GiGiFIT Kids is not just purposeful play it is our special work-out time to make you stronger, faster, more coordinated and kids say “I love this fun, structured, purposeful movements”. Recommended for 5-12 year olds.
- Playhouse Pals- Supports the development of social skills and language through peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. This program also supports gross motor skills through active games, as well as fine motor skills & self-help skills. Recommended for 5-8 year olds
- Kid’s Club- Supports the development of social skills and language through peer to peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. This program will also support gross motor skills through active games, fine motor and self-help skills through meal/snack preparation and activities. Recommended for 8-12 year-olds.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
This person will assist the program lead, and the number of volunteers depends on the size and type of program. Program Assistants work with the Program Lead during the sessions. The Program Assistant helps ensure a smooth delivery of the lesson. In the case the Lead is absent, the Assistant maybe asked to fill in.
1:1 Literacy/Math Tutors
As a Literacy or Math Tutor, you’ll support a student individually for 12 weeks. You’ll meet once a week, focusing on either math or reading. Our approach follows a step-by-step program, and you’ll receive training to help your student succeed.
- Commitment of 1 hour a week plus prep time
- Day or evening availability
- You do not need an educational background
- Complete the training that is provided
- Use the provided materials
- Celebrate the student’s ‘Best of All’
Spring session January 21 – May 20, 2024
Applications are now open and training as soon as you are accepted into the program.
As a playhouse greeter, you’re the friendly face families see when they arrive. Your role involves helping families and visitors with check-in and check-out processes for our programs.
As a Greeter, you will also help with administrative tasks around the playhouse. We would love for you to snap pictures and videos during the programs as well.
Greeters typically work on shift a week, but the schedule can be flexible.
To learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Journey to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete the online Volunteer Interest Form.
- Look for an email from Lexi Athman, our Site Coordinator, inviting you to come in and join us for Volunteer Orientation.
- Attend the Volunteer Orientation, get a tour, and find your PASSION.
- Complete required onboarding documents/training.
- Make an impact in the lives of our participants.
Come and learn more about being a Volunteer at GiGi’s Playhouse Fargo is to attend an orientation. Our next orientation is November 29th. It will last about an hour. If this date/time doesn’t work please email us email@example.com and we will find a time that does work for you!
RSVP for orientation HERE.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer!
As a volunteer run organization, and we rely on the skill and dedication of volunteers of various levels of expertise to keep our programs vibrant, educational, fun and free. We have many ways in which you can get involved. Whether you are a parent, family member, clinician, therapist, educator, handyman, graphic artist, computer whiz, or any other skill, we have a place and need for you!