Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer. GiGi’s Playhouse believes in the power of volunteering to transform lives. We’re an organization that survives because of the amazing people who give their time and expertise!
All of our volunteers are trained, coached, and utilized with the best interest of our participants at heart.
- A parent or legal guardian MUST attend volunteer orientation with any child under 18 and must also sign the hold harmless agreement before your child can volunteer
- Volunteers who are under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent who is also be willing to volunteer and actively participate in the program your child is volunteering for
- Volunteers age 16 to 18 will be considered able to volunteer without a parent only after approval by a staff or board member and after having successfully volunteered with their parent
- Great opportunities for you and your child to volunteer at include; Little Sports, Open Play, and various events throughout the year.
- We are asking for a commitment of at least ten hours before we sign off on any volunteer hours – Please do not ask for us to sign off on a volunteer hour for the night of orientation
- Tutors must be 18 years or older, no exceptions.
* Note: all volunteers 18 years and older will be subject to a background search.
Within GiGi’s Playhouse, there are a number of opportunities to fit your needs and schedule. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Read our website so that you are familiar with our mission, vision, programs and events.
- Click on the “click here to volunteer” button below and tell us about yourself and your availability. We want to match you with the best volunteer opportunity possible and this information will help us do so!
- Visit the Calendar and attend an upcoming volunteer orientation.
- Meet with a member of our team! We will match you to a position based on YOU – and then we’ll get started so that you can help us make a difference!
Programs: We have educational programs throughout the week and on the weekends at designated times (check the calendar). Volunteers are used to support the program host, interact with the kids and set up and take down materials used for the program. If you are a therapist or educator and are interested in starting or running a program, let us know!
Literacy Tutors: Interested in helping a child learn to read? Then our literacy program is perfect for you! We have specific training for tutors, which include observation hours. Make a difference!
Math Tutors: Interested in helping a child learn math skills? Then our Math Tutoring program is perfect for you! We have specific training for tutors, which include observation hours. Make a difference!
Administrative/Facilities: Like to be on the computer or work on special projects? Stellar Microsoft® Excel skills? Super organized? We are always looking for administrative volunteers to help with thank you letters, program survey calls, creating books for our literacy program, database entry and more!
Handy around the house? We could also use some help in the playhouse with simple things like changing light bulbs, putting together bookshelves, changing air filters, etc.
Events: Each Playhouse has exciting events that are run by volunteers. Get involved with our annual Gala, plan and execute a holiday party for our participants, volunteer at our annual World Down Syndrome Day or plan your own fun event or fundraiser!
Committee Members: Chair and committee member positions are open in marketing; social media/PR; programs; community partners and outreach; volunteer program; and fundraising.
Group Volunteering: Have a group interested in volunteering together? The more the better! Contact us and together we will set up your volunteer opportunities!
Feel free to contact us with questions at VolunteerPhoenix@gigisplayhouse.org or click on the button below to sign up!
GiGi’s Playhouse Phoenix Youth Board
The GiGi's Playhouse Phoenix Youth Board is made up of dedicated and motivated group of high school students who see the importance of increasing awareness for individuals with Down Syndrome, as well as creating an environment that is accepting, generous and kind: the three fundamentals of the Generation G Pledge. The purpose of the Youth Board is to spread the message of Generation G through hosting events for members of the community, fundraising for GiGi's Playhouse families and encouraging other high school students to commit to signing and carrying out the Generation G Pledge.
Please reach out to us if you are interested in joining the GiGi's Playhouse Phoenix Youth Board. For more information email Laura Currier at email@example.com