Expansion Underway in our Current Location!
With a vision to “change the way the world views Down syndrome, ” GiGi’s Playhouse serves the Down syndrome community with FREE educational, FREE therapeutic, and FREE results-driven programs customized for infants to adults.
More than just an expansion of GiGi’s facilities Believe in Our Build 2.0 is the addition of new-life changing programs to bring out the Best of All in program participants and their families.
The expansion and remodel will provide the following:
- GiGiFIT Gym: Dedicated gym space to enhance the fitness program and support GiGiFIT initiatives for ALL ages (infant through adulthood)
- Learning Lab: Additional room for children and adults to expand their reading and math skills, organization skills, self-confidence through 1-on-1 Literacy and Math Tutoring program
- Therapeutic Play Area: This expanded space will allow individuals with Down syndrome to participate in therapeutic play and activities. Using a variety of equipment, toys, and manipulatives individuals develop motor skills, language skills, and social skills while interacting with peers and siblings.
- Development and Training: GiGi’s is 99% volunteer operated! Training staff and volunteers takes time and resources. This area will provide a space to educate, inspire and believe!
Believe in Our Build 2.0 Highlights:
Thank you to R.L. Engebretson for the architecture and interior design services to help make our project a reality!
The expansion also supports:
- Welcome Center: allowing for a more functional and welcoming atmosphere
- Technology Equipment: help our Playhouse run smoothly and safely with up-to-date technology and security systems.
- Endowment Fund: Developing an endowment fund to support the current playhouse needs and supporting future needs and maintenance.