The GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge is a series of 50+ in-person events taking place across the country! All GiGi’s Playhouse locations host their very own Acceptance Challenge, consisting of a fitness-based challenge and fun-filled activities for the whole family.
Our local event consists of a Dash for Down Syndrome where participants kick off our event, inspiring our 5K runners and 1-mile walkers to MOVE for acceptance!
June 25, 2023
9 A.M. – 12 A.M. Birmingham Covington School - 1525 Covington Road, Bloomfield Hills
Between March 21st – June 25th, GiGi’s Playhouse locations across the country will be hosting GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge events!
The best way to grow acceptance comes through exposure and interaction. Often, people with disabilities are segregated from their peers, and as life goes on, it can form a disconnect between those with disabilities and those without.
The GiGiFIT Acceptance Challenge acts as a bridge to provide exposure, interaction, and leads to an understanding of acceptance and inclusion!
Join the Detroit June 25th event to show your commitment to including people with Down syndrome and all unique abilities! Join a team, attend the event, donate, or volunteer.
Raise awareness and funds by creating a team and inviting friends and family to sign up and join us! The funds and awareness you raise will help provide life-changing programs and acceptance initiatives here, at GiGi’s Playhouse Detroit.
Day of Event:
- 7:00am set-up
- 8:00-9:00am Shirt pick-up
- 9:00am Team Shout Outs
- 9:15am 5k begins, followed by the 1-mile walk
- 10:00am GiGiFIT demonstration
- 10:15am Dash for Down syndrome
- 10:30am Announce Tin Can Raffle Winners
- 10:45am Awards ceremony
T-SHIRT Registration Deadline: May 20, 2023
- The top 10 fundraising teams will win a photoshoot of their loved one with Down syndrome for a professional photo to be taken that will adorn the outside windows of our Playhouse!!!!
- The second top 10 fundraising teams earn a photoshoot of their loved one with Down syndrome for a professional photo to be taken that will hang on the walls inside our playhouse.