GiGi's Playhouse Westchester • 720 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502
CANCELLED – Virtual GiGiFIT Teen – Fall Session
October 29, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Registration will open shortly. This is the first program of the new session – please plan for a guardian, caregiver, or sibling to be present for this program. We will need assistance with taking the initial measurements. Thank you!
We are bringing GiGiFIT virtually to your home for the Fall and may be able to explore Hybrid options in November! Registration links will be sent shortly.
Although moderate physical activity is safe for most people, health experts suggest that you consult your physician prior to beginning an exercise program. Please use caution to ensure proper movement to ensure safety and to maximize the impact of these purposeful programs.
The GiGiFIT Program is designed to empower individuals with Down syndrome through independence and confidence in their abilities with the ultimate goal of mastering everyday tasks with less effort and minimal assistance. GiGiFIT will enhance a person’s quality of life through teaching healthy exercise habits and movements. Like many GiGi’s programs, GiGiFIT is designed to motivate and teach individuals with Down syndrome to achieve their highest potential in a goal-oriented environment. GiGiFIT is for individuals of all ages with Down syndrome. This session will be specific for the teens.
* Strengthening and toning muscles are vital to master everyday tasks and promote independence. Through strengthening core muscles, individuals become empowered and grow confident in their abilities to meet their goals.
* GiGiFIT works to improve balance and coordination. This increases body position and awareness and helps prevent injury. It also helps minimize sub-optimal movement patterns that can lead to chronic issues down the road.
* GiGiFIT provides a multifaceted approach to increase sensory, perception, decision making, and response times to maximize motor control.
* GiGiFIT teaches about healthy meal planning, meal choices, and food science. Through increased nutritional awareness, individuals create their own path to personal wellness.
* GiGiFIT provides a safe, empowering, and structured environment to promote independence through physical activity and education. Individuals work alongside peers to achieve their goals to see improvement in not only their physical health but enhances their lives.