GiGi's Playhouse Twin Cities • 4740 Park Glen Road, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Twin Cities Virtual GiGiFIT Kids & Teens (Ages 7-17)
April 21 @ 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm
This program will be led by Stacey Lustila-Siats, a physical therapist.
GiGiFIT focuses on improving areas of fitness through building strength, endurance, power stability and movement control, GiGiFIT empowers individuals with Down syndrome to be more independent and confident in their abilities while improving overall health and wellness. GiGiFIT promotes wellness through nutrition, pushing through barriers and building self-confidence.
Program goals for GiGiFIT include:
· Strengthening and toning muscles to master everyday tasks and promote independence.
· Improving balance and coordination to increase body position and awareness and help prevent injury and minimize sub-optimal movement patterns that can lead to chronic issues down the road.
· A multifaceted approach to increase sensory, perception, decision making and response times to maximize motor control
40 Minute Class:
- Block One (standing twist, over-under, squats, inch worm)
- Block Two (march, lateral tilts, anterior/posterior tilts, plank)
- Block Three (tall kneeling, push-ups, 1/2 kneeling, bridges)
- Cool Down
- A chair (that doesn’t move) or a large exercise ball to sit on.
- Two circles to put on the floor (helps us with where to put our feet and hands)
- A small ball or stuffed animal to hold for exercises
- Light weights if you want to increase your work load
- Tennis shoes
- A water bottle
- Room enough to stand and also lay down for exercises