GiGi's Playhouse Twin Cities • 4740 Park Glen Road, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Twin Cities Teen Tastic (Ages 13-17)
August 26 @ 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm
The purpose is: to have fun connecting with teens in our community, and do a few fun activities.
For Wednesday, August 26th’s Teen Tastic, join Andrew, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and great volunteer, for “GiGi’s Kitchen for Teens”.
1. We will be cooking in the kitchen and discussing how to make a balanced meal. Participants can cook along as we make grilled cheese sandwiches.
2. Throughout the lesson we will talk about kitchen safety, food groups, and how to make a balanced plate.
3. Below are the ingredients needed to make a grilled cheese sandwich. If your teen would prefer not to cook, or if there is not a caregiver/adult available to help your teen to be safe in the kitchen or ingredients/materials are not available — then they can still watch how to create the sandwich, and possibly do this at another time.
(Feel free to make any substitutions/adaptations needed – gluten free, vegan, etc.)
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 pieces of cheese
- Anything else you want to add to your sandwich: sliced tomatoes, ham, or onions
Materials/People needed are:
- Teen interested in cooking and/or participating in GiGi’s Kitchen for Teens
- Caregiver/adult to help teen to be safe in the kitchen while cooking
- Frying pan
- Butter Knife
Families are required to RSVP. Then check your email confirmation for the ONLINE EVENT LINK for this program.
It is possible to log in with just a phone/audio only, once you click on the link, you will have the option to click on the phone — and then it will provide instructions.
FOR GOTO MEETING LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS, GO: HERE