GiGi's Playhouse Twin Cities • 4740 Park Glen Road, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Twin Cities Virtual GiGi’s Kitchen for Adults (Ages 18+)
October 22 @ 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm
GiGi’s Kitchen is led by Andrew Doherty, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Participants will focus on nutrition, basic kitchen safety, and cooking. We will learn how to cook something new each time.
1. We will be cooking in the kitchen where we will learn how to make breakfast pancakes.
2. While cooking along with Andrew, participants will practice measuring ingredients, cutting fruit, cracking eggs, mixing, and using a frying pan.
3. Below are the ingredients needed to make panckaes. If your adult would prefer not to cook, or if there is not a caregiver available to help your adult to be safe in the kitchen or ingredients/materials are not available — then they can still watch how to create the pancakes, and possibly do this at another time.
(Feel free to make any substitutions/adaptations needed – gluten free, vegan, etc.)
- Just add water pancake mix (or family’s preferred dry ingredients for pancakes combined in a bowl)
- Fruit of your choice: Blueberries, strawberries, bananas, mango, peaches, apples
- 1 egg
- Non-stick spray
Materials/People needed are:
- Adult interested in cooking and/or participating in GiGi’s Kitchen for Adults
- Caregiver to help adult to be safe in the kitchen while cooking
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Butter knife
- Cutting board