GiGi's Playhouse Sugar Land • 14015 SW Freeway, Building 11, Sugar Land, Texas 77478
GiGi Prep *Students MUST be registered*
December 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CST
This program is an application based program with high expectations to motivate adults with Down syndrome.
The GiGi Prep program is a progressive learning program where adults meet twice a week for 8 weeks and review topics that encompass Confident U, Healthy U, and Whole U. Our GiGi Prep program has an emphasis on building communication skills, money management, customer service skills, team building and wellness. GiGi Prep is designed for individuals aspiring to enroll in the GiGi University program and continue on the career development path to participant in the GiGi University Internship Program. However, a participant may need repetition of this course before moving on.
PARENTS & STUDENTS!
- Students do NOT need to RSVP. This program requires registration.
- Students will meet with a program leader prior to start of the program for an interview.
- A physical and GiGi Prep Physician Approval Form is required to participate.
- Attendance is mandatory and excessive absences will be detrimental to the student’s success.
- Motivation and willingness to learn is important, so make sure your student gets plenty of sleep!
- Unless otherwise instructed, please send your student with a healthy lunch.
- Students must wear a mask for the duration of the program.
- Recommended for ages 18+.
- We need YOU to help run this program!
- Volunteer jobs include assisting the program lead, assisting students 1-on-1, leading breakout groups, and leading group activities such as GiGiFIT and lessons on nutrition or money management.
- Volunteers must wear a mask for the duration of the program.
- *Please make sure you have completed the Volunteer Orientation prior to coming in.*