As some of you may have heard, Amanda Sweum has resigned her position to pursue another opportunity. We wish Amanda the best and thank her for her time at GiGi’s!
That also means that we have a job opening! We’re looking for a motivated individual to help bring the GiGi’s core values to life and help us run the show. Details are posted at this link on indeed.com. · http://www.indeed.com/job/operations-director-4f57941c68d5b58c?_ga=2.247356749.899872347.1512575809-224246997.1502379880
Check out these great upcoming events!
THIS SATURDAY!!!!! Calling all Fantastic Friends, LMNOP’ers, Destination Discovery Peeps, Tutoring families….wait: CALLING EVERYBODY! It’s time to celebrate the Holidays at GiGi’s Playhouse, so come one, come all, and have a great time! Music, activities, and maybe even a guy in a red suit. 🙂
December 9, 11a-1pm · RSVP: email@example.com (we need to know family member names and ages)
Language, Music, ‘N Our Peeps (Birth-age 5)- LMNOP is an interactive and engaging program designed to guide parents and young children through learning basic sign language and other forms of communication using music and language based activities.
· DATE & TIME
o December 9, 10-11am
· Theme-Holiday · RSVP: https://gigisplayhouse.org/siouxcity/event/lmnop-12-2017-12-02
(Age 10-Adult) Confidence, communication and cooperation will be practiced through a variety of drama and improvisation techniques and games. We will choose a theatrical production to re-create and learn to express ourselves with physical and vocal freedom. Parents are encouraged to meet in another room of the Playhouse during this program.
Goals: • Empower the performer • Highlight student actors’ to discover their natural creativity and individuality • Enhance speech, communication and social skills • Encourage teamwork and cooperation, and promote positive peer relationships
· January 6, 9-10am
· January 13, 9-10am
· January 20, 9-10am
Literacy & Math Tutoring – Our Winter Literacy Session is fast approaching! Sign up today!
· SESSION DATES
Velvet Jeratowski, past board member President of GiGi’s and former tutor, encourages others to participate in the volunteer orientation and tutor training. “It was such an honor to be a part of the GiGi’s Literacy program! Watching the progress and growth of each of the participants I was involved was purely magical! GiGi’s makes the teaching process so uncomplicated! You will find tremendous joy as a GiGi’s tutor!
We have Immediate Volunteer Needs in the following categories! Please contact the Playhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on volunteer orientations and how you can help!
· Math Tutors
· Literacy Tutors
· Program Leaders (commitment of 90 minutes depending on the program one time a month or every other week)
· Program Assistants
· Education Coordinator (commitment of 2-5 hours per week)
· Volunteer Coordinator (commitment of 2-5 hours per week)
· Event Volunteers · Interested in volunteering? Complete our volunteer interest form to receive updates on our upcoming volunteer orientation sessions! (https://gigisplayhouse.org/siouxcity/sioux-city-volunteer-interest or http://www.tfaforms.com/4603934)
· December 13 10:30 am or 5:30pm · Interested in becoming a Tutor for Literacy or Math? Complete our Tutor registration form here (https://www.tfaforms.com/4615385 or www.gigisplayhouse.org/siouxcity) Registration deadline is December 13.
· Rockin’ the 80’s and an extra chromosome! Join us for our most important fundraiser of the year! You’ll have a blast, dude! Sponsorships and individual tickets are both available now, so please register today!
· February 2, 2018
· 6-11 PM
· Delta Hotels South Sioux City Riverfront · https://gigisplayhouse.org/siouxcity/gala
· Be a part of our Gala Committee! Our committee will be meeting on Wednesday December 13 and 27 at 7:00PM at the Playhouse. Contact Gala Committee Chair Rachel White at email@example.com with any questions. Hope to see you there!