GiGi's Playhouse Quad Cities • 3906 38th Ave., Moline, IL 61265
Virtual Fantastic Friends
March 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Go green with us on March 5th! We’ll have at-home kits with green snacks, crafts, and games.
Fantastic Friends is an interactive and engaging program recommended for adults ages 18 and up. This program is built to include adults with Down syndrome and those without Down syndrome. We support the development of social skills and language through peer-to-peer interaction in a casual and fun setting. Adult participants participate in the planning of activities so that everything the group does is based on interests. During Fantastic Friends, the group may explore their local community by participating in outings and events. This program may also support gross motor skills through active games.
Fantastic Friends supports therapeutic-based development of individuals with Down syndrome, with goals of achieving the following:
- Increase social skills, with a focus on group participation and increasing leisure activity options.
- Increase language development, with a focus on appropriateness, maintaining conversation and non-verbal social language.
- Increase gross motor skills, with a focus on general health, fitness (strength and balance), and awareness of personal space.
In addition, the family will receive a Best of All book to build knowledge and:
- Understand the purpose behind all of GiGi’s Playhouse programs.
- Implement activities at home to build skills and increase language development
RSVPs are required.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 309-762-7529 or email@example.com