What are you grateful for this year? Written by Fatima, GiGi’s NYC Participant
What are you grateful for this year?
Written by Fatima, GiGi’s NYC Participant
Blog Series: Words of Wisdom
I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. Here is my list:
I am healthy!
My loving parents and my brother, Harris. We always help each other and have a lot of fun times together. It is great to have a loving family.
I am thankful for my apartment and having my own bedroom. I have a lot of great memories in this house.
I am thankful for my cousins, Lily and Max. They are 12 years old and we have a lot of fun together.
I am thankful to have my grandparents, Pop-Pop and Maureen. They always help me and we get to do fun things together. We always laugh and have a great time.
I am thankful for my Aunt Katherine and my Uncle Sergei. They are always here to help me and support me. We always have a great time and we laugh and laugh.
I am thankful for my Aunt Sheila and Uncle Anthony. They always help me and do fun things with me. We always celebrate all the holidays together and have a lot of fun.
I am thankful for my friends because they always help me, and we go out and do fun things together. I love to spend time with them and laugh and laugh.
- I am so thankful that my new friend Laura is going to be working with me to help me improve my skills. She is so sweet, funny and helpful. I can’t wait for our special times and new adventures.
- I am thankful for all the food that I have. I especially love spaghetti and meatballs and sushi. When my mom asks me what I want to eat, I either say spaghetti and meatballs or sushi.
- I am thankful for GiGi’s Playhouse NYC because they have a lot of fun opportunities for me and my friends. They let me volunteer with them as a blogger and as a helper at the desk. I am thankful for Rosella and MacKenzie because they make GiGi’s Playhouse NYC so fun.
- I am very thankful to have a handsome boyfriend from GiGi’s Playhouse NYC. His name is Peter. He cares about me and he wants me to be happy.
- I am thankful for Dancing Dreams. I have been dancing with them for six years now. I love to dance and I love all the new friends I made there.
- I am thankful that I can write and give good speeches on special occasions. I love to make people happy and smile.
- I am thankful for AHRC for helping me get a job as a Stand Attendant at the UBS Arena where the New York Islanders play hockey. I am truly thankful for that opportunity. Please congratulate me on my new job!
- I am thankful for being chosen as the newest ambassador for GiGi’s Playhouse NYC. I cannot wait to show the world what people with Down syndrome can do. Remember, we are more alike than different.
What are you grateful for this year? Leave your feedback in the comments section!
Have a nice November and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Lots of love,
Well said! Beautiful words! ❤️
This is as beautiful as you are
Dancing Dreams is thankful to have you as part of the DD family
Fatima I can see you really have a lot to be thankful for!
I am so happy you now have a job at UBS arena and can help cheer the New York Islanders to victory. I’m sure everyone who passes you loves to see your smiling face!
I’m happy that you Love GiGi’s Playhouse NYC
I wish you luck and congratulations on being named their newest Ambassador!
I’m grateful for knowing you for six years at Dancing Dreams. We do have a lot of fun there don’t we?
I am especially Thankful to be spending my Thanksgiving birthday in PORTUGAL this year!
I love you Fatima. Always stay happy!
Fatima, your reflection is beautiful. You have done do many amazing things and as an ambassador I know you will continue to shine and pave the way for others !It is a wonderful time of year to think about what we are grateful for. I am especially grateful for the blessing of my son Eddie, for family, and the gift of friendship. Thankyou Fatima for being such an inspiration with all your hard work and happy spirit!
Fatima, your reflection is beautiful. You have done do many amazing things and as an ambassador I know you will continue to shine and pave the way for others !It is a wonderful time of year to think about what we are grateful for. I am especially grateful for the blessing of my son Eddie, for family, and the gift of friendship.Fatima , you are such an inspiration with all your hard work and happy spirit!
Thank you for your beautiful post Fatima! 😀 Like you, we have lots to be thankful for: family, friends, nature, the ability to dance, etc. Your posts always bring a smile to our faces. Keep it up! ❤️
Fatima, congratulations on your job at the UBS Arena. I am so glad that you like it. I enjoyed reading your blog about all the things you are thankful for. We have never met; you don’t know me. I am the mom of your new friend/helper Laura. I am thankful that Laura has the job of being your helper. She likes her job very much! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Congrats on your new job, Fatima! You will do fabulously! In #14, you said you love to make people happy and smile and you certainly do including when you write this blog! It’s nice to hear that you spend so many happy times with your loving family and friends and how thankful you are for them all. Keep up all of your great dance moves!!
I am very excited that you have a boyfriend that you are getting married in 2 years love Emmett
I love your article. I’m so thankful for you as well and love the time we get to spend together. You bring me a lot of joy.