Get Involved! There are so many ways you can volunteer to support GiGi’s Playhouse NYC! In addition to our weekly programs, we are always looking for support for events, lectures, and monthly outings and parties. To get started, fill out our online form and follow the steps below!
Becoming a Volunteer To become a volunteer you must complete the following four training steps. These can be completed in any order!
- Read our website in order to familiarize yourself with the Playhouse mission, vision, programs and events.
- Attend a volunteer orientation: you can find our next orientation on our on-line calendar gigisplayhouse.org/newyork/calendar.
- Observe 2 programs: Check our calendar for scheduled programs and events. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org inform us of which program(s) you will observe. When you arrive at the PH, introduce yourself as a potential volunteer here to observe programs.
- Assist at a Playhouse event: email email@example.com inquire about current needs
Additional Volunteer opportunities include:
- Photography and Film making – we need photographs and promotional videos for the Playhouse.
- Social Media and Publicity- help bring awareness to our work at GiGi’s Playhouse.
- Do you have a skill we should be aware of? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs: GiGi’s Playhouse NYC has educational programs throughout the week and on the weekends at designated times (check our calendar for current offerings). Volunteers are used to support the program host, interact with the kids and set up and take down materials used for the program. If you are a therapist or educator and are interested in starting or running a program, let us know!
Literacy Tutors: Interested in helping a child learn to read? Then our literacy program is perfect for you! We have specific training for tutors which include observation hours. Make a difference!
Administrative: Like to be on the computer? Like to work on projects? Each Playhouse is always looking for administrative volunteers to help with thank you letters, creating books for our literacy program, database entry and more!
Events: GiGi’s Playhouse has community, awareness, and social events throughout the year. We are always in need of volunteers for these events – from being a committee member to helping the day of the event, we need your assistance!
Board of Managers: If you’re interested in contributing at the board level contact email@example.com for more information.
Group Volunteering: Have a group interested in volunteering together? The more the better! Contact the Playhouse and together we will set up your volunteer opportunities!