As we continue our celebration of Down Syndrome Achievement Month, GiGi’s NYC is thrilled to spotlight our participant, Fatima! Not only is she a valued member of our community, but she has also recently joined us as a volunteer to write her very own blog series. We are super excited to launch her first blog later this month, so please stay tuned! Now without further ado – here is a little more about Fatima:
When did you join the GiGi’s NYC community?
- I joined GiGi’s Playhouse NYC when it started in Manhattan, NY a couple of years ago.
How old are you?
- I am 20 years old and I and almost 21 years old. On Tuesday October 26, 2021, I will be 21.
What GiGi’s NYC programs do you attend?
- I attend GiGi’s NYC TeenTastic, Community Chorus, GiGiKitchen, and dance with John Crazy Socks.
How did you find out about GiGi’s NYC?
- Another family who is part of the GiGi’s NYC community told me about GiGi’s NYC when they joined a couple years ago.
Which programs have meant the most to you and why?
- Everything because I enjoyed doing all the programs with my friends at GiGi’s NYC.
What does GiGi’s NYC mean to you?
- GiGi’s NYC is a great place to communicate with new friends and have fun.
What have you gained from our programs?
- I get to do things that I love to do every day at GiGi’s Playhouse NYC.
How do you enjoy spending your free time?
- By being with my family, traveling in the world, coloring in my coloring books and relaxing.
What achievements are you most proud of? What achievements can you connect to skills you have learned at GiGi’s NYC?
- By making more friends at GiGi’s Playhouse NYC. And working with others a lot of times.
We are immensely lucky to have Fatima as part of the GiGi’s NYC family and we can’t wait to see what she has in store for her blog series. Happy Down Syndrome Achievement Month!