- This event has passed.
Teen Tastic (13-18 years)
January 13 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
One event on January 27, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on February 24, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on April 7, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on April 21, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on May 5, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on May 19, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on June 2, 2018 at 4:00pm
One event on June 16, 2018 at 4:00pm
Program Description: Teen Tastic focuses on building social skills with friends without Down syndrome by participating in team-based activities in a casual and fun setting. Skill development includes understanding compromise, turn-taking, and problem-solving abilities.
Recommended Ages: 13-18 years old
Please RSVP at least one week before the event.
- Increase social skills, with a focus on group participation and increasing leisure activity options
- Increase language development with a focus on appropriateness, maintaining conversation, and non-verbal social language
- Increase gross motor skills, with a focus on general health, fitness (strength and balance) and awareness of personal space
- Increase fine motor skills and self-help skills through participation in a variety of activities
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
Volunteers assist the Program Leader & participants with activities, set-up & clean-up, maintain a welcome & safe environment, provide supervision.
- Fill out an application form ONCE HERE!
- Attend one Volunteer Orientation session, held the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 4-5pm OR 5-6pm, or pick a time that is good for you on the 2nd Friday of each month. RSVP to Sara HERE
- Then each time you want to volunteer for an event; sign up online at www.signupgenius.com/findasignup and search for Milwaukee@gigisplayhouse.org