- This event has passed.
July 14 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
One event on December 2, 2017 at 4:00pm
One event on January 13, 2018 at 4:00pm
Please RSVP at least one week before the event.
Program Description: Teen Tastic focuses on building social skills with friends without Down syndrome by participating in team-based activities in a casual and fun setting. Skill development includes understanding compromise, turn-taking, and problem-solving abilities.
Recommended Ages: 13-18 years old
- Increase social skills, with a focus on group participation and increasing leisure activity options
- Increase language development with a focus on appropriateness, maintaining conversation, and non-verbal social language
- Increase gross motor skills, with a focus on general health, fitness (strength and balance) and awareness of personal space
- Increase fine motor skills and self-help skills through participation in a variety of activities
Components of the Program:
- Speech & Language Development
- Social Development
- Gross Motor Development
- Cognitive Development